As we are in diversified society, the race relations have improved throughout history. Interracial marriages and proliferation have created an incursion of people with mixed heritages. According to various studies the interracial relationships have become more acceptable all over the world. Nowadays people start accepting all castes, races and color, so it is not about color or race, it is all about the relationships and its belief, trust and love that both the partners have within them.
There is a pressing need for multicultural sensitive therapists to assist the interracial population. “Couples who fall in love and marry outside their civilizing group are denied by their families, eschew by friends and snubbed by strangers. All of these concerns create surplus of issues for interracial couples and increase the need for a multicultural competent therapist. An expert therapist must be sensitive to the insubstantial needs of the interracial couple. The emotionally involved proposed action plan and guidance lesson tackle some of the issues and presents tips for developing a beneficial association with interracial couples. It also put forward some of the activities to be completed with and by the couple to encourage communication and unity.
- Try to increase the awareness of communication requirements and also promote positive communication of these needs between partners
- List the pros and cons of silence. Finally discuss when it’s good to be silent and better to talk about problems.
- Put in writing the letters to each other articulating the concern if talking is painful.
- Accept and outlaw the “no racial history” rule in the therapeutic environment.
- Increase compassionate behaviors in buddies.
- Institute cohesive ways of dealing with public unenthusiastic attention.
- Talk about detailed examples of circumstances and allow each patron to express their fears, emotions, and desired way of dealing with the situation.
- Prop up the patron to suggest ways to deal with this situation in the future so that they present a unified front. Thus sustaining rather than separating each other. Enlighten varying surviving methods.
- Encourage patron to identify which typology they belong to and also talk about the ways to get out of the negative treatment by family, friends and strangers.
- Cheer the partners to establish or build a “family” individuality together.
- Create a cultural a diagram delineating the past of the behavior outline (as of divorce, abortion, or suicide) of a family's members over a period of generations in order to make out and understand past influence on current behavior patterns to emphasize and allow cultural dissimilarity.
- Catalog the holidays and traditions from both “families of origin” and pacify or integrate some of them into new rituals.
- Encourage “character examination” of separate histories and evaluate notes.